DesertHawks.org

Desert Hawks Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:02 pm 
Lieutenant

16-18 @ Navajo, AZ (Pathfinder Event)(WOODS)
Navajo Pricing - Regular Ticket = $125, Pathfinder = $100, Military/OPP&COVE Pathfinder = $75
Camp Navajo, Arizona
Barracks available

http://blacksheepmilsim.com/

Hardcore MilSim guys with a Hardcore challenges. This even will be rough, challenging, and an absolute blast.

Blacksheep MILSIM is a state-of-the-art military simulation (MilSim) experience created with the goal of giving players a taste of combat in a safe, controlled, game-oriented environment.
This is not your typical airsoft competition: it’s the marathon of the sport — a totally immersive, totally transformative experience that tests you to your limits mentally, physically, intellectually and spiritually.

The sport of MilSim has been mostly underground up until now, but it’s positioned for a significant surge in mainstream popularity in the years to come. Blacksheep MILSIM is recognized throughout the MilSim community as the gold standard: the most challenging, rigorous tournament in the industry.

Squad tactics are the foundation for MILSIM. Go to the FREE online training at http://blacksheepmilsim.com/index.php/t ... e-training. We also offer on site Squad Tactics training for your local field. Contact us to schedule a training session.

Operation Blacksheep events are 24-hour, squad-based, force-on-force tactical simulations built on teamwork, cooperation and objective-oriented gameplay.Operation Blacksheep follows a tournament structure, with local and regional events feeding into the national-level competition. To help players develop their knowledge and skill set, Blacksheep MILSIM also offers training workshops, as well as manuals detailing MilSim rules and strategies.

Unlike most airsoft games, which sell a Hollywood, video-gamified version of combat with no roots in reality, every aspect of Blacksheep gameplay has its roots in authentic military protocols and tactics. In fact, Blacksheep’s gameplay is so immersive and true-to-life, our rules, equipment and protocols are quickly becoming the national standard for the sport.

MilSim can have a powerful therapeutic impact as well: numerous military and law enforcement veterans have come forward with stories about how the MilSim experience has helped them readjust to civilian life, or process and overcome traumatic experiences from their time in the field.

Blacksheep MILSIM is committed to doing our part to support America’s heroes, whether they’ve served at home or abroad. We’re in the process of launching a PTSD-MILSIM Challenge with the specific goal of exploring the potential applications of MilSim play for PTSD treatment. We also support national veteran foundations, including Homes for Troops and the Wounded Warriors Project.

Elbert Hubbard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:39 pm 
Captain

As mentioned at our impromptu meeting in January, we are in for this one. Be sure to save the date and sock money away for gear and admission.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:34 am 
Contributor

Until I provide some form of update, I want to say that I am no go for this event because I have no idea where I will be living shortly after I graduate in May. I might even be in another state if a job takes me there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 am 
Captain

ultimentra wrote:
Until I provide some form of update, I want to say that I am no go for this event because I have no idea where I will be living shortly after I graduate in May. I might even be in another state if a job takes me there.

Thats glass half full thinking, cant we just assume your 'in' unless that happens? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:34 am 
Contributor

If that is your preference Kiley I won't be opposed :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:31 am 
Private

I am in and I my have as many as 6 new airsoft players by then. I am working on about 10 people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 pm 
Contributor

As much as I would like to go to this event, I will have to skip this one. Pulling a different type of trigger...an AK-Marriage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:00 am 
Private

Looks like I am out now. It appears that Laurana will finally be getting married on the 15th. Don't think I should miss my daughter's wedding.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:23 am 
Supporter

Are we doing a group registration like we do with Lion Claws?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:23 pm 
Contributor

Wow that's three people I know of getting married in October now, my Sister is getting married (albeit early in the month).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:34 am 
Captain

@Jed
I believe so, we should probably start picking at peoples schedules to get a sense of who is going or not.

Also, seems John Lu is hosting an event this same weekend that is by invite only. We were invited as a team and I have not gotten back to him yet. Its a force on force challenge like Lion Claws set in Pendletons MOUT facility and proceeds going tot he USMC Ball.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:32 am 
Supporter

kileyhaz wrote:
Also, seems John Lu is hosting an event this same weekend that is by invite only. We were invited as a team and I have not gotten back to him yet. Its a force on force challenge like Lion Claws set in Pendletons MOUT facility and proceeds going tot he USMC Ball.

Where?If it's an issue of being in like Texas, or someplace east, then I feel I'd much prefer the Flagstaff event.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:35 pm 
Captain

Striker it's in my post, Pendletons MOUT course. As in camp Pendleton CA.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:41 pm 
Supporter

Apologies. I saw you say it's like the one set in the Pendelton MOUT, so I figured same setup, different location. I'd be all for going to pendelton. But if the majority wants flagstaff, I don't have any reservations about that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:41 am 
Captain

@Trent
Any word of range status for Flagstaff?
How about whether or not they will allow vehicle support?