DesertHawks.org

Desert Hawks Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: A-TACS Camo Blog
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:08 pm 
Private

Don't care if you like it. Don't care if you do. I am not trying to push anything either. I just want to share the things that I like. Comment if you want just don't hate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:11 pm 
Private

On sale at Evike for $8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:15 pm 
Private

Trousers and blouse, $55 for the set

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:17 pm 
Private

Same trousers and a combat shirt for $99

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:21 pm 
Private

Parting shot for the night, Russian soldiers in A-TACS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:59 pm 
Contributor

Those are not Russian soldiers Trent. They are Ukrainian and the ATACS was a testbed camo, not an adoption.

http://blog.predatorbdu.com/2012/10/ukr ... cs-au.html

This is where you got those pictures from.

Please stop saying that Russian soldiers "wear" ATACS. It makes me cringe :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:42 am 
Private

ultimentra wrote:
Those are not Russian soldiers Trent. They are Ukrainian and the ATACS was a testbed camo, not an adoption.

http://blog.predatorbdu.com/2012/10/ukr ... cs-au.html

This is where you got those pictures from.

Please stop saying that Russian soldiers "wear" ATACS. It makes me cringe :(

I like making you cringe, its almost as fun as shooting you six times in ten minutes. But you are right, Ukrainian.

But weren't Ukrainians actually Russians from Peter I to Boris Yelsin? No different than Guamanians and Puerto Ricans, or even Texans and Mexicans are Americans? Mexico Mexicans no less, are Americans in the same sense that I, or anyone else my age category would group a Ukrainian in. Ukrainians are Russian in the broad sense of the word as are Latvians, or Georgians. For that matter Northern Irish are British. Which makes me cringe, but can't be denied.

Chew this. I am willing to bet there are many more Soviet Russians from age 23+ alive in Ukraine then there are age 22- Ukrainian natural born citizens. I understand that in your entire lifetime you have never had to group any of the former SSR's into the country they once were. None of us care that there is a difference now between and Estonian, Belarussian, Tajik, or Azerbaijani. They are all Russian.

If China broke up, would people from Hunan, Guangxi, or Hainan no longer be Chinese?

Like I warned in the first post, don't hate. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:25 pm 
Contributor

I ain't hatin, even my professors who are Russian/Ukrainian/insertslavicorbalticethnicityhere are astonished at recent events, as ukrainians are russians are like you say, practically the same. The political argument about ethnicity and its relevance (or lack thereof) is spot on.

But Russians still don't "wear" ATACS :lol: I'm just sticking my tongue out at you at this point. It's all in good fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 pm 
Private

Lol I was talking to Jed while board shitless waiting for 2200 tonight. To us, it didnt matter who was sitting in that horde of BTR-60's on the other side of Stalin's curtain, they were all Russians to us. He even grouped the DDR in as Russians. I wouldn't unless you grouped the polocks, jerks, yugos, gypsies, and strigoli in with them as well.

I came along after the trouble with the PRC's, NVA, Khmer, Manchus, VC, Rising suns, or even as far back as them Bangsamoros chaps that the army had a particularly hard time with, so I have never equated any of them as enemies. I have and most soldiers my age still think of all Soviets as enemy and as Russians. I lost the enemy part after sharing some dirt with a few in Yugoslavia. Also all yugos even if they are Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, or whatever.

No, I can find no evidence that the armed forces of the Russian Republic use A-TACS. However, Sposn does make a partisan suit in AU and FG. A kid in Phoenix has a set, I saw the tags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:16 am 
Contributor

Very interesting. Never even heard of Manchus or Rising suns, or Bangsomoros. Time for some history reading!

Also, the interesting thing about Yugoslavia is that even though they were a communist nation, they were strictly outside the Soviet bloc. When Tito was prime minister/dictator Stalin hated him. Stalin literally once said he could have Tito's head whenever he wanted it. Yugoslavia always had different foreign policy from the USSR and largely stayed out of the Cold War. I learned about all of this fairly recently. Basically Tito was the only guy with enough balls to give Stalin the middle finger.

You always have a certain way of telling stories trent, would be cool to hear some about yugo if you ever feel like sharing some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:09 pm 
Private

Koreans, Japanese, and Philippines Muslims more commonly known as just moros. Ask Jun about them, they hate everyone. 20 years ago or so they were cutting reporters' heads off left and right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:45 am 
Captain

I like the Arid ATACS, especially the off brand knock offs. They have just enough yellow in them for my aesthetic tastes.

Personally I have not seen enough folks field them in different environments to have an opinion on how they camouflage the wearer.

I do worry they will be the new Multicam and the camo dejour of every Army of One out there though but aside from a initial surge I haven't seen as much as I thought I would...

Good finds/prices, let us know how they size out!

Post subject: Re: A-TACS Camo Blog
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:20 pm 
Supporter

Officially in love with the A-Tacs now.....i love the grime and stain pattern while still being sorta Digital....reminds me of a shop rag tie dyed in 90 weight and coolant. I could see it being almost adaptable in most environments, especially dried out summer terrain foliage. Dense wood operations may need to darken up more though.

Also.....anyone else see Putin look alike in the far right of the first soldier group picture? Made me chuckle.

Post subject: Re: A-TACS Camo Blog
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:44 pm 
Captain

Tye Dye Digital is that what he said!? ::spetsnaz::

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:53 am 
Supporter

ultimentra wrote:
I like making you cringe, its almost as fun as shooting you six times in ten minutes. But you are right, Ukrainian.

Lol! Reading through this, I can't help but laugh. :lol: